Education & Resources
Education: Learning Topics
- What is a 529 Savings Plan?
- How do 529 Savings Plans Work?
- Why a 529?
- When Should You Open a 529 Account?
- Avgerage Cost of College
- Coverdell vs. 529
- Making Plan Changes
- 529 Misconceptions
- Gift Tax & 529s
- 529 Savings Plan vs 529 Prepaid Plan
- Financial Aid & 529s
- IRS's 529 web page - Summary of 529 plans and how they work
- College Board - A great not-for-profit website for parents to help their kids get ready for the SAT,plan for college,find colleges, and search for scholarships
- Scholarship Search/College Board - Direct link to College Board's scholarship search page
- College.Gov - Preparing for college tips and tools; portal for StudentAid and FAFSA
- College Access - Learn how to apply for college, find financial aid, explore careers, find colleges
- College Savings Plan Network - Provides links to most 529 plan websites.
- www.ED.gov - U.S. Department of Education
- Finaid.org - The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
- Jump$tart - Website dedicated to improving the financial literacy of pre-kindergarten through college-age youth by providing advocacy, research, standards and educational resources.
- FAFSA - Direct link to FAFSA; search for school and campus codes
- The CollegeSavings Foundation - Studies and research information regarding higher education, saving and planning for college check-lists, news and press releases
- Smart Saving for College - FINRA
- OnlineLoanCalculator.org - Information on breaking down and understanding college loans, and other great links